Today is my husband’s birthday and I had to cook 5 types of vegetable fries, biuli dal, Shorshe Ilish (Hilsa in mustard seed paste) and Mutton rezala for lunch. And I had to be super fast as well since I had to look after my daughter, have some other tasks too. So I decided to cook the Mutton rezala in a pressure cooker in lesser time. And yes, the dish came out too well and in just 20 minutes. That’s the beauty of a pressure cooker!! Earlier I shared the chicken rezala recipe. Hope you tried that too! I will now share the recipe for mutton rezala. Let’s have a look.
Time required to cook Pressure cooked Mutton rezala: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Pressure cooked Mutton rezala cooked for 3 people:
- 500gm mutton
- 1/2 cup curd
- Paste of 1/4 cup poppy seeds or posto
- Paste of 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- Dry roasted and grinded with mortar pestle – 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 green cardamom, 1 black cardamom, 1 red chilly dry, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 whole mace, 5 cloves
- Mustard oil/ refined oil or ghee
- 1 red dry chilly
- A paste of 2 big onions, 7 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger
Pressure cooked Mutton rezala recipe:
- Marinate Mutton with salt, onion – ginger – garlic paste, curd for about 1.5 hours (you can Marinate longer in a refrigerator if you have time in hand)
- After marination completes, in a pressure cooker heat mustard oil. Drop in a red dry chilly and then drop the grinded spices as mentioned above. Let the aroma come out
- Now, add the Mutton along with marinades and stir cook for 10 minutes
- Add poppy seed and cashew nut paste and stir well. Cook till water is almost dried up. It takes 7 – 10 minutes more till oil starts to separate
- Add about 2 cups of water and cook for 8 – 10 whistles. Switch off the gas and let it rest for some time. Now, if you want a gravy of thicker consistency, you can remove the lid of the pressure cooker and simmer for few more minutes, till the right consistency is achieved!
And your yummy Pressure cooked Mutton rezala is ready to be served with parantha,roti or pulao!
To follow us on facebook, please click here.
To follow us on twitter, please click here.